CACCN Central Ontario Chapter
The CACCN Central Ontario Chapter (formerly Toronto chapter) serves to support critical care nurses in the following geographic regions: City of Toronto, Greater Toronto Area and surrounding communities. Our borders reach east to Peterborough, west to Guelph, north to Collingwood, and northeast to North Bay, ON.
The Central Ontario Chapter provides a forum for critical care nurses to network, learn and collaborate with one another in order to grow and thrive as a profession.
Our goal is to foster excellence and professional growth in our critical care nurses through the promotion of educational and professional opportunities.
- provide informed guidance in shaping the delivery system as it relates to the care of the critically ill.
- determine and promote standards for critical care nursing.
- determine certification standards for National testing for the specialty of critical care nursing.
- promote and provide educational opportunities.
- improve the quality of patient care through the promotion of nursing research in critical care.
- promote membership and chapter development.
Who we are:
The Canadian Association of Critical Care Nurses (CACCN) is a volunteer organization of Critical Care Nurses. CACCN is the voice for excellence in Canadian critical care nursing. Our shared goal is promote quality patient- and family-centered care for Canadian’s experiencing life threatening illness and injury.
CACCN welcomes all registered nurses, nursing students, allied health professionals and other colleagues who are interested in advancing the science and craft of critical illness care.
CACCN structure is composed of a National Board of Directors representing the Eastern, Central and Western regions of the nation with chapters across the country. We are proud of our approximately 1400 strong members who practice in a wide variety of health care settings in Canada, the United States and abroad.
CACCN is a not for profit organization and is an active member of the Canadian Nurses Association (CNA) Network of Nursing Specialties and partners with a variety of associations and educational organizations in Canada and around the world.
What do we do?
We serve our members and our critical care colleagues by:
- Contributing to the development and implementation of the critical care standards for nursing practice
- Providing information about upcoming educational opportunities
- Supporting and facilitating critical care nursing research
- Providing opportunities for networking
- Identifying and addressing professional issues
Other membership advantages
Discounted Registration Fees for CACCN – on sponsored conferences, education events
Subscription to the Canadian Journal of Critical Care Nursing
Access to CACCN’s Awards, Bursaries and Grants
Watch for updates